Spray Tans will last on average for 7 - 10 days. The best way to extend the life of your Spray Tan is with correct preparation and after care.
What to wear for your tan:
Disposable G - Strings are available. You may also wear swimmers or underwear. Black is advisable. The less you wear, the more you tan! The choice is whatever you feel most comfortable in.
What to wear after your tan:
Loose fitting dark clothing. Any friction from tight clothing may affect the overall finish of the spray tan. Any excess bronzer will wash off clothes.
To improve the overall appearance of your spray tan, follow the points below:
Spray Tan Pre Care
- Always start with a fresh base! Remove all residue of any old spray tan before your next tan.
- Exfoliate the day prior to your tan. Paying particular attention to dry skin areas such as elbows, knees, feet and ankles and any other excess dry areas you may have.
- It is recommended to use a tan exfoliating mitt the day of the tan and a body exfoliator the day before.
- Shower before your tan to remove any oils, deodorants and perfumes. These can act as a barrier to the tan and prevent an even application. Allow enough time after the shower for your skin to cool down and avoid perspiration.
- Do not moisturise before your tan.
- Waxing and Shaving should be done 24 hours before.
- Remove all jewellery, make up, deodorant and clothing.
Spray Tan Post Care
- Shower after the desired tan activation time. Use only body washes that are SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) Free. Pat dry to avoid premature fading of the tan.
- It is normal for the excess bronzer to wash off in the first shower after the tan is applied.
- Avoid chlorine, excessively hot baths / showers. Avoid any activity that may cause perspiration before tan has activated.
- Moisturise well after each shower. Start moisturising the day after the tan.
- It is recommended that a tan extender is used. This will help to extend the life of your spray tan. Use every second day is advisable.
- Do not exfoliate until the spray tan is starting to fade and you wish to remove it.
- Avoid using products with AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids). These will cause premature fading of your spray tan.
Patch tests are available for first time tanners if requested. As all products used are professional quality with organic ingredients, they are suitable for all skin types.